Thursday, June 07, 2007

Elvira

Well that did. I am ready for my nervous breakdown.
I color my hair myself - I have used the same color for years. It matches my natural color perfectly - colors my grays like magic.
Well the geniuses at the hair color factory decided it would be a neat idea to change the boxes. I dont know my color by the #, I know it by the girl on the cover of the box. They changed the girls! So when I bought it the last time I was sure I had the right color.
Uh, wrong.
I am now Elvira. 2 days before I am in a wedding, and I am Elvira.
Now you are probably thinking I am an idiot for coloring my hair so close to the wedding, but I swore it was the right color and all I was doing was coloring my grays. I swore it was the right color!

You'll have to excuse me now while I go bawl for awhile and then wash my hair with dishsoap for the 6th time before I go to bed.

Jennie, I hope you are a miracle worker on Saturday.

P.S. I also pretty much ruined my bathroom carpet...Jordan will love that.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my. i'm sorry.

Jennie Peakin said...

Dishsoap???!!! That is so bad for your hair!!! Honestly, is it really black, or just really dark? I could come an hour earlier and color it to try to lighten it a bit if you'd like. If there's no time, I'll just do your makeup to compliment your hair color the best I can. :)

Anonymous said...

ha!!! i was just waiting to hear how jennie responded to that. she is a little anal about hair...and i knew she would have an opinion!! :) becky, be prepared for a lecture during your session with her!! i've had MANY!

Anonymous said...

Uh, yeah, I already washed it with dishsoap like 8 times. But it looks better!!! I dont think you'll have to lighten it.
Im ready for my lecture. But a little scared.

Anonymous said...

be afraid...be very afraid.
she is SERIOUS about this stuff!
;)

Jennie Peakin said...

I mean seriously, I won't be THAT mean! But come on...dishsoap?! It is supposed to be a happy day tomorrow, so I won't lecture you. Next time, use a clarifying shampoo instead of dishsoap...it will work better AND it's not damaging to your hair! :)

Anonymous said...

clarifying shampoo???? what's that?

Jennie Peakin said...

are you serious??