Friday, April 25, 2008

He's mine...

There are days when truly question why God chose to bless me with the husband that I have. Today was one of those days.

In the book Sacred Marriage Gary Thomas says that we should be a type of 'God meter' for our spouse. That we should see them becoming more like Christ and because of that see our own faults and weaknesses more clearly - ultimately helping us to become more like Christ in our daily walk.

Today was one of those days too.

I called Jordan shortly after 8 am to let him know we had water in our basement and he should probably come home and take a look. He was in a meeting till almost 10:30 but came home as soon as he had the chance to call me.
He immedietly changed clothes, started moving things in the basement, got 2 shop vacs going (the only thing I could help with), was hauling water and our posessions and in the mean time - making it fun for the kids and having a good time laughing at how cute they were being.

Once we finally said, "thats the best its gonna get" in our own basement he headed to his parents who were both at work. I watched him shopvac their entire basement carpet area at least 3 times and haul things again.
Then he took me and the kids home - told ME to sit down, not get up and stop bending over - and he went back.
He came home at 5:45, showered and we went to a short birthday celebration for him at my mom's. At 8 he headed to his grandparents to begin shopvacing and hauling for them. This afternoon he said that he felt so bad for all the people in town as he drove past their homes and saw all their things strewn in yards and cleaning crews continuing to work, "I wish I could help them," he said.

Jordan is truly my 'god meter'. He is so selfless and at times it seems tireless. While I feel sorry for my neighbors and family - I'm consumed with my own house, my own worries and my attitude is to feel sorry for myself and lose my patience...God gave me a little shot today - in the form of my giving husband.

His comments have been - I feel so good when there is finally something I can do for my dad and my grandpa who do so much for me and seem impossible to repay.

I wonder if he knows that's the way I feel about him?

And by the way, no, you cant have him he's mine. I think I'm allowed to be selfish about that one! :)

No comments: