Friday, April 25, 2008

Rain, Rain, GO AWAY!

Well like our entire town and I think maybe much of the state we woke up to water in our basement.
So I'm listing the things I'm thankful for:
a. when we first started trying to figure out how we were going to create more living space in our house we really wanted to remodel the basement. I'm glad we didnt.
b. I'm glad that when we cleaned out the den for the renovation Jordan moved just everything to the basemnet and put it UP on bookshelves. We only found one book that got wet.
c. It hasn't rained yet today and its supposed to be dry all day tomorrow - and windy
d. All the toys that we moved to the basement for storage during the renovation are UP. Not ruined.
e. We've lived here for 5 years and this is the first time we've had even a hint of water down there.
f. Jordan and I packed up the kids and headed to his parents house to try and help them out while they are at work. They have a completely finished basement so their problems make ours seems like a puddle. While we were there Avery and Sullivan really wanted to help. So we gave them buckets and had them hauling water to the drain and dumping it. They had a blast and were SO cute. Sully wanted to do anything he could to help his Daddy - I LOVE how he says Daddy - major emphasis on all the D's. They were both soaking wet afterwards and so we came home for baths and naps.

g. I'm pregnant and really not expected to help out much. (OK that one is a joke but I had to throw it in!)

Many people have it pretty bad around here; sewers not working, very deep water in basements, water seaping in through the walls, bridges and roads washed out. Its a mess.
Praying hard for all the families who are working hard today to keep on top of it.

No comments: