Friday, April 13, 2012

my Avery on the beach

Avery is our beach girl.
She's got a little of her dad in her. 

I have no doubt that if we'd let her, she would have taken off the minute she set her toes in the sand and we would not have seen her the rest of the week. 

It was amazing to realize how much she changed from the last time we were there just 2 short years ago. 
She's definetly not a 'little girl' anymore. 
She still keeps things inside more than I'd like. 
And for all her silliness...thinks really hard about serious things and hurts deeper than Id like, but I know those qualities will lead to good things. 


She was Tori's master 'hole digger'.
Tori loved her for it. 

On about the 3rd day we got a boogie board. 
And Avery was set. 
She loved it. 
She is fearless. 
She is a natural. 
If we lived near an ocean I know she would be a surfer. 

She said she wanted to be like Soul Surfer. 
I said, Avery you know she loses her arm?!
She said yes, but she was so brave and she wanted to be brave and a hero. 
Yeah, its the comments like that...the ones that make me so proud of her and so scared!

Beautiful little surfer girl!

Free spirit. 

She and Jordan spent what seemed like hours out in the waves jumping and splashing. 
They are both so at home out there. 

I saw this ahead of me over and over again. 
Daddy and his two big girls headed out to tame some waves. 

JUMP!

No comments: