Monday, April 16, 2012

Zanna

I've known Rosanna and her family since I was probably 13 years old. 
I babysat for her and her siblings. 

She started babysitting for us when Lauren was just a baby. 

She has always been wise and mature beyond her years. 

And fun and energetic and creative. 
She did special project with the kids. 
Took them on adventures. 
Sang with them. Told them stories. 
Gave them baths and tucked them in. 
Prayed with them. 
Loved them. 

Over the past years she has allowed Jordan and I countless long weekends away. 
God brought Rosanna into our lives as one of the biggest blessings I have known. 

Its not easy to leave 5 kids behind. 
Its even harder to leave them and not have to worry. 
But Rosanna handled my kids and my house like she was born for it. 
I could honestly leave and not look back. 

Then Isaiah came into her life...and so then ours! 
Another blessing indeed. 
A playmate for Sullivan! 
An example of marriage for my kids to witness. 

This weekend Jordan and I went away. 
And left the kids in the ever capable hands of Rosanna and Isaiah. 
The kids were so excited. 
Jordan and I were so excited. 

But last night there were tears. 
We said our goodbyes. 
Goodbye for an entire year. 
Their time as our 'go to sitters' is probably over. 

Rosanna and Isaiah have been called to God's work of translating bibles 
into languages that currently do not have them. Important, powerful work. 
So they will start their training in NC next month. 
We are proud of them. 

But saying good-bye is never easy. 

Especially, when its family...

And so thank you Rosanna and Isaiah for being such very important parts of our family. 

WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Phillipians 1:3
'I thank God on every remembrance of you!'

No comments: