Friday, February 14, 2014

HaPpY vAlEnTiNeS dAy!!!!!

Oh Valentines Day. 
Its corny, and cheesy, and commercialized and I love it. 
Seriously what is better than a day about love!?!

When we got home yesterday Grandma surprised the kids with a little hedgehog love!

 They were thrilled! 
And certain ones had their pail of candy emptied in about 20 minutes. 
(oops)

They woke up to a special Valentines breakfast and surprises. 
I could have stopped at the table cloth...that alone caused adorable squeals. 

We did a short devotion while we waited for breakfast to cook. 
We talked about how we are to love like Jesus loves us. 
We discussed what that looked like.

Then I told each of them something I've noticed lately about them that I appreciate and treasure. 
Tori could NOT WAIT for me to get to her. She was squiggling and tugging at me, 'Do me mommy!'
When I was all done she put her hands over her mouth and gasped and said, 'Im special mommy!'
Yep, mission accomplished. 

 Their surprises were all supposed to fit in this basket. 
Well we will be finding a new use for this basket and replacing it with a bigger one! 
These games/toys/brain teasers will be our new 'BUSY BASKET' for school. 
When I need to focus on one child or need them to sit quietly while I read or ect ect ect....these items will keep them busy and quiet. 
We are really excited to learn how to play it all. 
They are all educational type toys...I'll post about them all another day. 
But thank you to Holly for the idea! 

Happy Valentines Day to my 5 little sweethearts! 
Our mission for the weekend is to 'tattle' on each other for doing good things!
'Catch each other being good!'

(Who will all be in bed promptly at 7:45 tonight so that I can 
celebrate with my main Valentine when he gets home! )

1 comment:

Rosanna and Isaiah said...

Awwww... I love those happy and excited faces :) Looks like a fun Valentine's party. I am more than a little jealous! Nothing beats planning a party for children.