Friday, April 13, 2007

Sweet Lauren

There were a couple of rough days when I wondered why anyone would willingly do this to their child but we seem to be over the worst now. I wouldnt call her back to her old self, but she is on her way.
Lauren has been SO brave and so tough. We are extremely proud of her.
A bright spot in this for me has been that Lauren has been somewhat of a mommy's girl since having her tonsils out. Since birth - literally, she has favored Jordan, if I werent a source of food for her as an infant I dont think I would have ever held her. She has always been a daddy's girl through and through. But the past few days I turn around and Lauren is right by me. I say, whats the matter honey, she says, nothing I just wanted to be with you. Now how sweet is that!


This was her first real smile after surgery - I believe it was Wednesday before bed and just after ice cream.

God is good, thanks for your prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

she looks very "normal" in that pic! so the weekend is over...how is she now??

Anonymous said...

She is doing great. She is still taking the pain medication a few times a day but doing great.
She is going back to school today and she is pumped!

Amanda said...

Ethan's a daddy's boy too. So all I have to do is have his tonsils taken out? :)