Sunday, April 08, 2007

The trip

I'm finally getting around to putting up a few pictures from our trip. It has been non-stop since we got back and with Lauren's surgery tomorrow it doesnt show any hope of slowing down.
We had a fantastic trip. I didn't know if it would compare to our first experience with over seas travel two years ago, but it didn't let me down. Jordan did another amazing job of planning our trip. I don't think I would trust going over with anyone but him. He does a great job of reading the maps and getting us to where we needed to be. He picked out perfect spots for us.
We had 4 days together just the two of us. We experienced France together for the first time and visited a Roman Irish bath in Germany...an experience that will leave me slightly haunted!!! It was very relaxing, but very European!
Then we got to spend a week with our closest friends and introduce them to Europe. Jordan kept up his tour guide status for them too. We went back to Rothenburg, Germany - a place we had been before but really wanted to show Melanie and Jason. And then ventured back to France and then to Austria - we were in 4 countries in one day...We had so much fun with them. We met some wonderful people at the bed and breakfasts we stayed at and really got to see the culture. We visited wine country and fell in love with it, saw storybook castles and lots of cobblestone roads and half timbered houses, amazing art and churches and ate GREAT food. It was strange for all of us to be there without our kids, but it was a time we will never forget. We are so very very blessed. Thank for the trip Jordan.

I'm sure the rest of our lives will be filled with stories that begin with, "Remember when we were in France..."


Eguisheim, France


Comar, France - I couldn't resist.


Outside a castle in France - see the rainbow!


Rothenburg, Germany - The 'Night Watchman'


Rothenburg, Germany

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so jealous...

jody said...

me too.

Melanie said...

Hey! Great pics! I went to Wally World on Saturday and got all our pics printed and made cds for you. I hope that I can get a copy of your pics too!

Thanks again for the amazing time!!!!