Monday, April 09, 2007

We're home and she's doing great!

Whatever I was expecting was not what took place. Thankfully.
Jordan and I have been praying about this surgery for weeks. That the dr.'s hands would be guided and that Lauren's fears would be eased. Well her fears weren't just eased, they were not even there!

She was so excited for today that I felt guilty because she didnt know what was coming. She was happy to put on her surgery 'gear' and sit in the chair. Then Jess said, ok, lets go on back. She held Jess's hand and went back to the OR all on her own. She didnt cry or anything, she did better than her mother and father. Although we were so reassured having Jess and the other nurses who we know with her. That was the best feeling!

They told us that she hopped right up on the operating table and acted like an adult. They said she was the best patient they had ever had. By the time we got back to her she had already had some water and was wondering where we were. She ate 2 popsicles, watched part of a new movie we got for her and at 11 they said we could go home! They had told us on Friday that we would probably be there till 3 in the afternoon.

Once we got home she fell asleep and has been up, had some applesauce and has been playing. She has been so brave and I am extremely proud of her.

Thank you all for your prayers! Lets hope she keeps this up!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a brave girl!! I'm glad it went so well.

Melanie said...

I'm soooo happy it went so well for all of you! I hope the rest of her recovery is just as smooth.

Andrea Dellit said...

Congratulations...I'm pretty sure I wasn't that brave when I went throught that. We hope for a speedy recovery!