Sunday, February 17, 2008

Ahhhhhh, relief...

It's OVER! I've been working on the hospital's All That Glitters Gala for about 6 weeks and this past week has been very busy. But, yesterday went great and we got the night completed before any bad weather hit. We had over 130 people and from what I could tell everyone had a good time. I'll figure out tomorrow how much money the event raised. The main sponsor for the evening was a local jeweler who gave a huge diamond and topaz pendant and chain as well as 6 other loose stones averaging 6 carats each! Watching the winners of the stones as their names were announced from the raffle was really fun!

Today I was ALMOST happy about the 56th snow storm of the season, it was great to stay inside, enjoy the kids, take a nap and basically just relax. Looks like school is atleast delayed for tomorrow...will winter ever end!

Here are a couple of pictures of some of those at our table...


Nick and Stacie


me and Nick


Mel and Jason


Jordan and I dancing - the picture of me at the table with Jordan made me appear FAR too pregnant...cant imagine why.


The centerpiece. It was MUCH prettier in real life.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

WOO HOO!!! looks grand! i'm so glad you made it through the weekend healthy! so proud of you!!