Monday, February 11, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday, Sullivan Joseph!!

Oh my little Sully, I don't even know where to begin. How could 2 years have passed so quickly? I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday. I will never forget the look on your daddy's face or the tears in his eyes when he whispered to me, "Its my boy!" He was so proud and so excited for the years to come with you. What a gift we were given with our first son.

As I look back over the past 2 years I am reminded of the special things about you that I know God did just for me! Four months after you were born your Papa Richard went to heaven. During that heartbreaking time I had a special friend, a little bundle who loved to be cuddled, who loved to smile and coo and spend hours staring into my face. With your little face so many cares seemed to be lifted from my heart. I will never be able to explain how much you did for me as a 4 month old!

The following spring and summer you decided to fill your mom and dad, and just about everyone else with worry. We spent some long days and nights worrying that your little legs really didn't want to walk or stand. But it turns out that God was using this to teach mommy and daddy something - to trust in Him more. It could be he was also trying to tell mommy that she doesn't have everything figured out when it comes to being a mom as well!

You walked on your own schedule and now when I look at you I am just in awe. I never thought that simply seeing a little boy run into a room at full speed could fill me with such unexplainable joy. Your walking, running and dancing is a constant reminder to me that our God is good. Our God is able to do miracles. I love that reminder and I will never grow tired of it. I hope you wont either. I pray that you will remeber these verses as you grow, they helped me so much as you were learning to walk, Hebrews 12:2 "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." and Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

Sully we love having you as our son. We love watching you be a boy. To play with cars, to enjoy football and basketball with dad. Sword fights and wrestling, spitting and yes, even tooting!

You've turned our world upside down in every way imagineable and I wouldn't change it for the world.

After two years all I can really say is, I am so very very blessed that God sent you to live at my house! I love being your mommy.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Happy Happy birthday, Sully!!!!!!!!!!!