Thursday, February 07, 2008

The more the merrier

Well I am FINALLY starting to feel better. I think I have learned from this...go to the dr. BEFORE you've been sick for 3 weeks.
The most annoying thing right now is that I still cannot hear properly.

So Tuesday Avery complained of a sore throat and was very lazy all day but no temp. Tuesday night she was up and threw up a couple of times so I figured she had strep - classic Avery strep. So we went to the dr. here in town yesterday and the test was negative so that's good. Avery thew up all over the dr. during the test. She looks up at us with these sad little watery eyes and says, "I'm sorry, but don't stick that thing down my throat then. It hurts!"
The dr. and I both cracked up.
Avery went to bed last night seeming pretty much better. This morning her spirit seems to be back!

At 5 this morning, Lauren came in and said her throat hurt really bad and she needed to puke. The beauty of a 6 year old throwing up is that they make it to the toilet - oh how I am thankful for that!!! No changing sheets, clothes and giving a bath in the night.
So she is home from school again after the snow day yesterday. Although now she is playing very happily with Avery and I'm wondering if she shouldn't be in school after all...

I'm hoping the birthday boy doesn't catch the bug and we remain free of all kinds of illness for the birthday weekend ahead!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

oh man! tis the season. seems like there is all kinds of junk going around. hope sully stays healthy for his big day!