Monday, June 30, 2008

Bittersweet

I just got the kids to bed and spent some extra time giving hugs and kisses and reading extra books, saying extra long prayers. The girls are so excited they just cant stand it!

I always have a hard time leaving them to head to the hospital. Just knowing that it will never really be the same with them. Sully will never be my baby again. They will all seem so much bigger when we bring the baby into the house. We will be a family of 6 instead of 5. There is another car seat in the car now. Its just weird!

But I am also really excited and I know sleep is not going to come easy tonight. I'm praying for a quick and safe delivery and a healthy baby who is up for the challenge of having Lauren, Avery and Sully as siblings and Jordan and I as parents!

We love you sweet baby, cannot wait to hold you and stare into your eyes.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

so anxious to meet the newest dirks!
can't wait to hear the news!!!