Saturday, June 21, 2008

I should be in a bubble...

So, I pulled it together and we made it to a SS class picnic tonight. Within 30 minutes of being there I experienced the following:
- Fell into a hole and dropped the bars and veggie tray, grass stained my capris and landed on my knee. Did not go into labor. Did not cry. Did want to swear and go home immedietly.
- 10 minutes later - spilled 1/2 of a pitcher of lemonade all over the serving table, napkins, cups and utensils. Did not cry.
- 5 minutes later - dropped my plate and Sullivan's all over the serving table as I was trying to fill two plates at the same time. Yes, the tears seriously welled up at this point. I was so very close to leaving the plates and walking directly to the car. And I totally would have but I knew it would break my two daughters' hearts to leave.

Then fast forward to 11 pm. I told Jordan I was going to sleep on the couch because I just knew I'd sleep better there. I went upstairs to get my pillows. Yep, slipped down 6 steps. Hit my tail bone, elbow and heal of one foot. Bawled. Like a baby.
Jordan came running, quick like a cat I tell you. He got me settled and I'm pretty sure he thought we were on our way to the hospital. Possibly for some mental health counseling for his wife more than anything...I could not stop crying and talking which is a wonderful combination and I'm sure I could not be understood.

Now its 2:30. My back is fine but oh mamma does my heal hurt.

Seriously, for the safety of myself and those around me - I think its time to get this kid out of me!

3 comments:

Happilyoutnumbered said...

Hey, I just found your blog off of Andrea Dellit's...it was nice to run into you last week. You have such a nice family.

Hang in there these last few days. Baby will be here before you know it! Good luck with everything!

Andrea Dellit said...

Oh, Becky...I'm feeling sad, then laughing...but most I'm dreading when I get pregnant because I'm accident prone and a klutz...I think that I will have several days like you've experienced!

hope you're feeling better!
A

Can't wait to meet Dirks #6!!

Courtney said...

oh, no! that's awful! i hope you've been able to keep laying on that couch!