Friday, April 22, 2011

1/2 a year!

Torrance is 6 months old today!

1/2 a year!

Really?
How did that happen?
Didn't we just walk in the door from the hospital?
I swear time has gone by faster with each baby.

At 6 months Torrance is really a joy.
She is an easy baby with a happy disposition.
Just this week she has really started to play independently
and spent long periods of time on the floor surrounded by her toys.
Again, if all babies were born at 6 months of age I'd like have become the 'Old Woman Who Lived in the Shoe'...

Tori is adored by her siblings...and she adores them right back.
I often wonder what she would be like if she didn't have them to watch and stare at.
She takes in everything they do and squeals in delight as she watches.
In this picture she wont look at me because she is too busy watching
Avery and Tess behind me.
She is apprehensive with Contessa,
Sullivan makes her giggle and laugh the hardest and easiest,
Avery pays her the least amount of attention but loves to snuggle her
and Lauren can comfort and soothe her as well if not better than me.

She is starting to scoot around by turning, rolling and reaching...
I dont think crawling is too far off.

She has 4-5 bottles a day...she is definetly not attached to the bottle.
Sometimes I feel like I'm forcing her to take it.
She is still battling some reflux issues which makes all the floor time messy -
thank goodness for our hard wood floors.

She's the best sleeper.
She typically goes to bed by 8:30 and wakes between 8 and 8:30.
She takes a short am nap and a long afternoon nap.
Rarely an evening nap anymore.
Sometimes she cuts her afternoon nap short and then she will have a
pretty fussy afternoon but thankfully that isnt too often.

Torrance loves baby food, especially veggies.
She also likes baby puffs.

She is teething - full of drool.
She sucks on EVERYTHING.

She loves her thumb.
She has been doing really well in the church nursery.

She loves her daddy.
And I love watching them together.
I love that she has his blue blue eyes.
She loves me! ;)
I can tell we might have some attachment issues in the future.
But Im not sure who will have the bigger problem...Torrance or mommy.

She loves being outside and being in the stroller.
She loves to pull hair!
Her favorite toys include wet wipes, her indestructible book, and the basket I keep diapers in...which makes the 2 rubbermaid tubs full of baby toys in our house pretty ridiculous.
Now Torrance...this first half of this year passed way too quickly...
slow down for the next half ok!?

No comments: