Saturday, June 02, 2012

another year

Today marks six years since we lost my dad. 
6 years. 
That's a long time.
And it seems long. 
And short at the same time. 

Every year Jordan reminds me...dont focus on the events of that day, dont focus on how hard that first Father's Day was, or the first birthday, or first Christmas without him. 

Instead focus on the time we had with him. 
The thousands of happy childhood memories he gave us, the example he set, the stories he told, the laughter he brought, the horrible jokes he told, the excitement he had for Christmases and birthdays, the way he lived to love each of us, all the amazing things that made him....him. 

With each year that passes without him, I realize more and more that 
I'll never be so old that I stop missing and needing my Dad. 

We love you Dad and miss you more than words could ever tell. 
But we take comfort in knowing that today is not a sad day for you, 
but one of celebrating your 6th anniversary with Jesus. 

3 comments:

Ames said...

Hugs to you!
6 is an important year - look at all the sixes in the important years your dad had! That just made me smile.

Abby said...

Thinking of you all today...

Meghan said...

hugs!