Saturday, June 16, 2012

I called the Ranger

So...when Jordan and I talked about he and the girls doing their early morning hike I assumed it would be 2, MAYBE 3 hours.
So when I woke up at 7:30 and read his note saying they left at 6:15 I thought I'd see them by 10 at the very very latest.

I think I started getting nervous and texting friends about 10:30.

Then at 11:30 when Cassie said Paul was recommending I call the Park Rangers I started crying. In my mind if PAUL wanted me to call it was serious...I mean it wasn't Cassie...it was PAUL! He's calm and rational!

I was really very worried. I had no idea if they took food and water...if they did I knew it wouldnt be a lot. I thought the girls would peter-out early.

So I called the Ranger. They were great. Took all our info, I read the note Jordan had left for them, gave descriptions ect. And they started to hunt.

Cassie was having visions of them turning around and coming back to sit with me for days as they searched. I had visions of Cassie walking hysterically into the Ranger station and my bawling as she hugged me.

Seriously.

Then magically at 12:15 in they rolled. SIX HOURS LATER!

And found me waiting in the driving way pretty much SCREAMING at them.

Went on to call the Ranger back...who assured me I had done the right thing in calling...

As Jordan's punishment I made him take Sullivan and Tess on a hike while the girls and I cuddled and napped ... this was a much shorter hike!

Honestly, Mr. Adventure stop striking!!!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

seriously.
this stressed me out again just reading it.
we were like "ok...at what point should we turn around and go back?"
i still want to kick jordan's butt.
for real.