Friday, June 08, 2012

today

Tomorrow we leave for our kayaking vacation to the Upper Peninsula.

There is of course lots to be done and I'm in 'crazy, get out of my way' mode.

But above all that we have a saddness in our hearts today.

Jordan's grandpa Joe died early this morning. We've been saying goodbyes all week. A bittersweet time with one of the sweetest men I've ever known. Watching he and his wife of 60 some years has been such a blessing to me through all the years I've known them. I'm not sure I've seen a more sincere display of love between a husband and wife than those two. And they spent Joe's last days side by side, holding hands...just as they spent the greatest portion of their lives. I pray that I will be so blessed.

We will miss so many things about Papa. And on our vacation I hope we can honor him by catching the biggest fish in Lake Superior...I think he would like that a lot. :)

No comments: