Sunday, September 09, 2012

a little catch up

Honestly, I have not blogged since August 29th...after my vow to get back at this...

Ok, Im back for real this time! 
Be prepared for a whole bunch of unrelated pictures...


So much seems to have happened in a week and a half. 
Last weekend we went to the ISU game with friends...it was wonderful.
My oldest brother and his family visited...it was fun and LOUD!
Then 2 more brothers came with their families and we celebrated Joshua's THIRD birthday!
We've had 2 weeks of school...its going awesome! 
We are all really enjoying it. 
More on that in posts this week. 

Another big event was Sullivan's soccer debut. 
He has been waiting for this day for the longest time. 
Finally he is old enough.
Practice started last week. 
Lots of his friends are on his team. Its adorable. 

He wanted everyone to balance the ball on their heads...no one else thought that was fun. 

He was not a big fan of the conditioning part of practice. 

But he did like the reward!
Seriously cute. 

If this boy ever learns to smile normally on cue there will be lots of girls with broken hearts...
However I am not too worried at this point that he will ever learn this skill! 
Honestly. 

Her smiles however give me sleepless nights. 

Wednesday of last week we attended the Living History Farms Homeschool Day with Prices.
Owen, Sullivan, Contessa, Lauren, Ellie and Avery

The kids had so much fun...

Shelling corn,

Doing some laundry,

 Learning about old printers,

And even some sewing stitches
I cant wait for more fun field trips! 

Yesterday the kids were all decked out for a big ISU/IOWA Party. 
Of course our team won! 
I was relaxing for a bit at the party...until I got interrupted!


Here's to a new week! 

1 comment:

D G Curren said...

Sully has the brightest soccer practice attire I have EVER seen! So cute! or should I say handsome?