Monday, September 17, 2012

Sully's Soccer Debut!

I guess when you have 2 older siblings it must seem like a lifetime for your turn to come around...
That was definetly how Sullivan was feeling about soccer.
Saturday the girls had morning games and he waited till 4 pm...or as he would tell you - FOREVER.

Finally his time came. 
His first game. 

He was so excited, so hyper, so cute.
He had his victory dance ready in case he scored a goal. 
He loved every second.  

However, he had pockets in his shorts...and played a lot of the game with his hands in the pockets. 
Hilarious. 
So Sullivan. 

It was also 'so Sullivan' when he ran by me WHILE PLAYING to say, Mommy! Do you know the score? Do you that its 6 to 1 and we are winning? Did you know that its 6 to 1? We are winning Mommy!
He's #5. And I love him more than words can express.

There is something different watching my Sullivan play than watching the girls...
Something that makes me want to go out and hug him after each quarter and something that makes me want to fight small children who get in his way...Its a mom/son thing...Im working on it. 

He was always right in the mix but did not score a goal. 
He was however the biggest fan of his teammates who did score. 
He told one boy after the game, 'You were a machine out there man!'
Um, I love that kid. 

He also may have done some shoving. 
Hmmm?

He really wanted to play goalie...but Im not sure the ball ever came back to him. 

But seriously the cuteness...are you kidding? 

Friday night before the game he was listing off everything he was excited for about the game. 
The list was so long I finally asked him to just tell me the #1 thing he was excited for. 
He smiled and said exactly this, 'Aw Mom! That's easy! The Parent Tunnel. No contest!'
So I made sure I was taking pictures of the boys coming out of the tunnel after the game instead of being IN the tunnel.

Its safe to say they all love the Parent Tunnel. 


I asked him afterwards if it was as fun as he thought. 
'Even Better!' was his reply.

I love my boy at age 6. 

3 comments:

Meghan said...

I loved the push! Probably my favorite part of the game. AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Love it Love it Love it!! You go Sully!!!

Amy said...

We used to make sure that Lawson was NOT wearing shorts with pockets at his soccer games. :)