Monday, October 27, 2014

Pikes Peak

Our next stop was Pikes Peak. 
Neither Jordan or the kids had ever been here and I hadn't been since I was in Jr. High or younger. 
The leaves were just perfect. 
All yellow, like the forest was on fire for us. 

The kids started out with some football. 
Look how excited Tori is to be running at her Bo-bo!

Some pretty fantastic views of the Mississippi.



I love Fall in Iowa. 

Leaf fighting. 


She took it better than I would have!

This child was born to be photographed in fall leaves. 
Like, for real. 

Climbing.

and walking...

Truly, just so blessed. 
I wish all days were like this. 

Forest beauty. 


Our four year old. 


Running. 

Getting a lift. 

She ran. All. Day. 

No way to describe how pretty and how quiet this was. 

Leaves were falling all around us and we decided it was good luck if you could catch them. 

She's getting so big and not 'little' anymore.
sad 

But she still holds my hand. 

Jordan got 'Dad of the Year' points for throwing in a rake to enjoy the leaves even more!
 

Tori got to be thrown in first. 

And then just pure joy. 


What did I tell you about this child and photographs in the leaves? 



1 comment:

Courtney Cassada said...

so many amazing pictures! looks like an amazing day.