Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Mommy, we found water!

I was getting Sully out of the van and girls were walking into the house tonight. Lauren yells back, "Hey mommy, we found water!"
What? What do you mean you found water?
I took a few steps towards the house and I found water too. A pipe on the outside of our house had burst. Water was spraying EVERYWHERE! Praise the Lord it was on the outside!

I went inside and called the plumbers - none could come. I called Jordan, who was in Ackley. I called my mom - I knew she would know where the shut off valve was...
Jordan in the mean time called our neighbors, Tim and Colleen. They rushed over and Tim got it turned off. After a small lecture that we should turn that off every fall, we were all good.

Here is the amazing part. My dad was short with short dark hair. He often wore flannel shirts and flannel coats. Tim has short dark hair, is short and had on a flannel coat. Avery only saw him from behind, while he was working on the pipe. She looked at me and said, "that my Papa?" I was so happy. I have thought that Avery didnt have any memories of my dad. But she does remember him!!! I said, "no honey, that's not papa, its Tim." She said, "no, my papa!" She looked really suprised. Tim turned around and smiled at her and she knew it wasnt papa. The deflated look on her face was so sad. But I cant help but be happy to have some sign that she does remember her papa.

Although I was pretty sad it wasnt him who had run over to our rescue this time too.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

sounds like a fiasco! but so heartwarming that avery thought she saw her papa. i'm sure she'll have plenty of memories with all the talk of him. so sweet!