Monday, January 01, 2007

Whirlwind

The past week and a half have been a complete whirlwind of family, food, running, going, working, some tears, gifts and fun.

Since last Saturday night we have had 6 Christmas get togethers and other family suppers and fun besides those. When we got home from our annual New Year's celebration at my brother Nick's house I was ready to collapse. The kids are tired and a little owly and I might be suffering from the same thing!

Jordan left for work and I said, that's it, at 8:00 tonight you will be here and you will sit on the couch with me and you will watch a movie with me, I miss you! He didnt protest - he knew better! :)

While it has been a whirlwind we have had a wonderful holiday, a difficult holiday but a good one. We are so blessed, by family and friends and our Savior. He has given us the stregnth to smile through the tears of this holiday and hold together as a family.

I cant say that I am really sad to see 2006 fade away. It had good parts, obviously - little Sully is more than good! But the sad parts and the struggles outnumbered the good and I am ready for a new year. I am vowing to refind my Joy in 2007. To reconnect and to relax and enjoy all the good things He has so generously showered on us. The first place I am going to start is reconnecting with my Savior. It has been easier to push His words aside this year than to sit and allow myself to truly thing on His plan for me and others around me. It has been easy to keep Him at a distance. I am not doing that anymore, He isnt going to let me I have discovered! I am also going to stop and REALLY enjoy my three kids. I laughingly told Jordan that 2007 would be the first year since 2002 that I have not been in some stage of pregnancy! Crazy! I am also going to reconnect with Jordan and I hope that together we can come to grips with what it really is that Christ wants for us and our family. Welcome 2007!

Here are some pictures of just how good this holiday has been...

SO cute!

Aunt Kylie

Wrestling daddy!

Lauren with some of my cousin Pam's kids...

My cousin's son Jeremiah...

1 comment:

Cassie said...

i think this year is going to hold so many surprises for all of us!