Monday, August 20, 2007

Good Things...

We had a good weekend full of lots of good things and more answered prayers.

1. The hospital golf tournament is over and was a success...phew

2. Sully is not only taking steps to us but last night we turned and saw him doing it without us even near him. He is making giant leaps. A week ago I thought the child was destined to crawl his entire life. Today Im beginning to wonder if I can keep up with him! I have no doubt in my mind that God is very much working in Sully and me right now!

3. Rosanna babysat the kids while Jordan and I were both at the golf tournament on Saturday. She is the world's best. The kids love her, she leaves my house cleaner than she found it and she brings games and toys from home that my kids love.

But that's not the best part. The best part is that she often leaves me notes telling me reasons why she loves each of my kids and funny stories of what they did while I was gone. I dont know many college kids who are as capable as she is. In fact, she might take better care of my kids than I do! Sad!

Here are the latest notes I received (hope you dont mind Rosanna!):
"Have you ever considered getting Avery a contract with Hollywood? I'm pretty sure that she would be the star of every show!"
"Quotes for your enjoyment:
#1 Avery (surveying the mess Sully made while was feeding himself lunch): 'Oh no! This is a mess! (shaking head sadly) Mommy wont be happy about this Mr!'

#2 Sully: 'waaaa'
Rosanna: 'What's the problem Sully?'
Avery: 'The problem is....(hands go on her hips) he's got an attitude!'"

4. My brothers start arriving today for Joe's wedding this weekend. The girls are really excited.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great things to focus on!