Friday, August 03, 2007

Slow

A week or so ago it seemed Sully was really progressing. We were so encouraged and excited for him. A few days ago we were commenting that his progress was again at a stand still. Now the past day or so he's going again...frustrating.

We went back to the chiropractor today. Dr. Paul looked at Sully's knees and said they were pretty off and could be causing his instability and lack of confidence. He assured me that everything we are doing is working towards stability in Sully. And that eventually that will get him walking.

We have therapy next week and Sully's 18 month well child check up in 2 weeks. I am anxious for both.

Sully remains happy and content. He is growing cognitvely every day. Learning words, expressing himself, pretending, joking with us and just being so fun! Everyone we have consultated about this has said that his happy nature could be one of the biggest 'problems' we have. Sully just doenst care if he doesnt walk. He is happy with things the way they are.

We remain anxious for this last piece to fall into place. I really thought he would be walking by now and Im growing tired of waiting, and WORRYING...big suprise coming from me.

Please pray for Sully's strengnth and that someday soon I will turn around and find him standing completely on his own.

Cassie sent me some encouragement this week and I thought I would share...thank you again Cassie!

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power forever and ever. Amen" (1 Peter 6-11)

I know that Satan is the cause of my anxiety. He is a strong adversary. But I also know that my Lord is more than able to overcome him and I trust in that.

No comments: