Tuesday, March 18, 2008

His Book

Sometimes its too easy for me to look for encouragement from the wrong places. From the kind words of a friend or loved one, from a book on the shelf or a random blog or internet site.
Last night I was reading in the right spot where I should always go for encourgament and as always, found just what I was looking for. I was actually reading through some Easter passages to share with the kids when a slip of paper fell out and onto my lap. I had written this verse on it and use it as a bookmark in my bible:

Job 23:10 'But He knoweth the way that I take: when He hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.'

The last week was one where I didn't feel like the greatest mom. While we did lots of fun things with the kids I still felt tired and short with them. I had asked God to please help me be patient and loving towards them at all times. I'm so blessed that He not only hears my prayers but answers them. He's still working to perfect me. He knows when I just need a little boost of encouragement to feel up to the challenge again. I love that His book is so masterfully written that it holds the answers to all my questions and the solutions to all my needs.

No comments: