Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Homesick

I've been feeling my heart in a bit of pit lately. Lots on my mind and heart and missing my dad more and more. Missing his enthusiasm to help us out with household projects, missing his laughter at something my kids had done, and most of all missing what it felt like to know I was always his baby girl. Sounds silly for a 30 something mother of 4 to say that I know. But I do miss it. I miss knowing that I lit up his life!

The best way to describe how I'm feeling is that I'm homesick. Which of course brought this song to my mind by MercyMe. They can write better than I can.

HOMESICK - MERCYME

You're in a better place, I've heard a thousand times
And at least a thousand times I've rejoiced for you
But the reason why I'm broken, the reason why I cry
Is how long must I wait to be with you


I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now

Help me Lord cause I don't understand your ways
The reason why I wonder if I'll ever know
But, even if you showed me, the hurt would be the same
Cause I'm still here so far away from home

I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now

In Christ, there are no goodbye
And in Christ, there is no end
So I'll hold onto Jesus with all that I have
To see you again

To see you again

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear one,
How well I know this feeling, we will have to continue to go through this fire as the 3 young men in Daniel, my heart will never be complete again until I get to go home, so, let us say as John wrote in Rev.22:20..Christ says, Surly I come quickly..Amen. Even so,come, Lord Jesus!!!
You, our other children and grandchildren are my love, what a beautiful gift God gave to us...we need to hug more!!!!
mom

Melanie said...

Thinking of you Becky, as always.

Jennie Peakin said...

I love that song!

Just wanted to let you know "You're it!" Check my blog! :)

Heather said...

oops. i tagged you too! you're it!