Saturday, March 06, 2010

Girls Night Only!

One of the things that kept me sane in my house of 6 brothers growing up was that I have 4 female cousins on my dad's side. My dad had one brother, Roger, and he had 4 girls.
I find it funny that my dad had 6 boys and his brother 4 girls.

My mom has started a 'Earle Girl - Girls Night Only' tradition each Spring.
All the cousins, sister-in-laws, grand-daughters and female 2nd cousins are invited.
We all gather at her house with all our female children and eat, watch movies, play dress up and laugh! This year's get together was last night.

Aunt Jean and my mom.
They are such good friends and its still really hard to think about
how their foursome is down to three now that my dad is gone.
These two ladies have put up with a lot from their Earle men!

Tess had a blast - taking any lap she could find!
Even if she was the same size as the lap!

My cousin Joy and Tess
Joy was 10 when I was born and she latched onto me from day one.
Of course I don't remember but I hear we were inseparable!
Today she has 4 girls of her own! All right about my girls' ages.

Some of the gang. I never got a good picture of everyone together.

Thanks again mom! It was tons of fun!

No comments: