Sunday, November 05, 2006

Memories

Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary. I love celebrating my anniversary. I love remembering our wedding day. But this year is different. This year I/we are remembering a lot about that day and how my dad played into it.

I remember when Jordan asked my dad if he could marry me, I remember when my dad literally ran into the house to see my engagement ring. I remember sleeping in my parents bed with them the night before my wedding. I rememeber the look on my dad's face when he saw me in my dress and the shock I felt when SECONDS before we walked down the aisle he leaned over and said, By the way, I split out the seat of my tux while we were decorating your car!

I miss him. I miss knowing how proud he was of me/us. I miss seeing how much he loved Jordan. I miss the man that was THE man in my life for 18 plus years. He told me that when he gave Jordan my hand at the end of the aisle he knew that he was doing the absolute right thing. He knew that Jordan would make me happy and take care of me and treat me like only a Godly man can.

We went out to the gravesite yesterday and it was the same beautiful November weather that we had for our wedding day. Lauren asked me as we sat there, "What is Papa doing in heaven?" I tried to imagine but, I can only imagine...but I do know the look on his face, the smile that I miss is most definetly being displayed. I love you dad. I miss you every single day.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

yes, he was very proud of you! praying for you always. love you!