Tuesday, November 07, 2006

POOR POOR BABY!

Well Avery and I had an eventful night. She went to bed at about 8 and woke up abotu 9:30 throwing up and very agitated. That lasted till about 1 when she threw up neon green bile. I about lost it. Then she proceeded to begin shaking in a way that I have never witnessed and I thought she was convulsing or something. So I called her pediatrician and talked to the nurse on call who advised me to get my butt to the ER with her.

So off we went at 1:45. They took blood and ran some tests and Avery kept on puking the green stuff. They decided to try a suppository to stop the vomitting before putting in an IV. THANK GOODNESS.

1/2 hour after the suppository they started giving her some small amounts of liquid. It was the saddest thing ever. She would take this tiny little cup and suck it dry and then try to lick it out and then put her finger in to make sure she got all the liquid and she would lick her finger. Between cups of liquid she would fall in a dead sleep in my arms. Then instantly jerk awake when it was time for another drink. I have never seen someone so thirsty. It was pathetic.

After 2 hours of that they tested her blood sugar again and it was rising - good news. They sent us home and said if she started vomitting again we needed to head to Allen to have her admitted.

She slept from 4:15 till 7:15 and is up now. She is acting better but still very very sick. We are headed to the doctor for follow up later today.

Please pray for Avery. I'm missing her spunk - 24 hours without it is enough!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

oh man! that is awful. you KNEW you would end up in the er. keep me posted. i'm sure she'll make a turn for the better today.
i'm sorry....

jody said...

wow, that is scary. I hope things looked up today...