Monday, November 27, 2006

A conversation with Avery...

I came home from my long, boring board meeting tonight just in time to help give Sully his bath. As we were drying him off, Avery and Lauren had to come sit next to him and watch the process, as usual.
Lauren says, Why does he have a penis. I explained that God made boys with penises (what is the plural of penis???) and girls with vaginas.
Avery said, "ew penis!"
Lauren laughed and laughed.
Then Avery said, "I want a penis." And I started laughing.
Jordan came back in and said, "you what?"
Avery, "I want a penis!"
And I said, "no you dont!"
And she said, very matter-o-factly, "No, I dont want a penis, I'm too little!"

I havent really stopped laughing yet. I know I am glad I got home from my meeting early and I know that 5 minutes was more fun than the entire rest of my day combined.