Sunday, September 09, 2007

Lots going on...

Sullivan got his braces on Thursday. We were less than thrilled. We got 2 stage braces and the biggest ones require him to wear shoes that are 2 sizes too big. Go put on shoes that are two sizes bigger than what you normaly wear and then let me know if you feel like walking. I spent a lot of Friday on the phone complaining about these braces.

But Friday night we went out to supper with friends and left the kids with my mom. I put Sully in the smaller - ankle braces before we left. You can hardly even tell he is wearing them and he can wear his own shoes. When we picked the kids up my mom said that he had been walking everywhere! Since then he has been walking across the living room - atleast 12 steps - and doing more walking than he ever has before. We are so pleased and so very excited for him! I pray that this continues. He also bent to pick something up and stood up for the first time. Normally he goes down to his butt on the floor to pick things up.

Sullivan is much more excited however that he was allowed to drive the jeep by himself this weekend. Normally we make Lauren ride him around in it. Well those days are over!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Becky that is so awesome! I'm so happy to hear about the steps Sully is taking! With each step I'm sure he is closer and closer to running all over the place! Then we will all be wondering what we were worrying about!!