Wednesday, September 26, 2007

See ya in December

Sullivan had a therapy appointment at EDI this morning. He has not been there in 4 weeks. The last time we were there he was taking occasional steps on his own. I was nervous about this appointment and I have been praying about it alot. Our therapist, Jamie, has caused us a great deal of anxiety and is kind of pessimistic. I prayed that she would be encouraging today even if she had negative things to say about Sully. Then last night I realized that was crazy. I needed to just pray that there would be no negative things to say! I tend to ask God for less than I really want. I think I rationalize that I wont be as dissapointed if He has other plans. (I'm working on that!)

Anyway, Jamie walked into the waiting room to call us and Sully walked over to her (a miracle in itself because he is not her biggest fan). Jamie was SO excited. She was clapping and praising him like mad. He walked all around the gym at therapy and showed off everything he had. Jamie had tears in her eyes when she said, "These are the days that I love my job. When I see a child who I had worries about completely erase those worries in a single session." Of course that made me cry and the session was pretty much over at that point.

Sully is stil turning out his right foot quite a bit and so we are going to go back in December so she can see how he is doing with that. She only wants him to wear his braces for half of each day. She doesnt want him dependent on them. She said hopefully by December he wont need them. All GREAT news.

I'm so elated today. And so thankful that I have a God who can answer my prayers beyond my wildest imagination.


I dont think I have ever posted a picture of Sully's braced. You cant see them the best but this will have to do...

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Wonderful news! I'm so happy for you all! I think Sully is doing so well lately and I am amazed at his progress in the last few weeks. I think he's figured out this walking thing isn't so bad!!

Anonymous said...

Our God is the best and cares for each one of us so much...PRAISE HIM!!

Mom

Andrea Dellit said...

That's great! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

What great news!

Heather said...

GREAT News! Way to go Sully!