Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What I love about being a mom...today

The challenge has been extended.
I was challenged to come up with my top 100 things I love about being a mom - at least the top 100 reasons for today. It took me exactly 17 minutes. Your turn. Warning - it will make you cry.

1. I love chubby babies
2. I love watching Lauren and Avery play dolls together.
3. I love watching Sullivan play with cars and have demolition derbies
4. I love watching my husband peer over a baby’s crib in awe of his child
5. I love watching Jordan dance with his baby girls
6. I love Lauren Elaine
7. I love Avery Elizabeth
8. I love Sullivan Joseph
9. I love the children we hope to be blessed with in the future
10. I love being pregnant and having Jordan wait on me.
11. I love feeling a baby kick inside me
12. I love watching my kids meet a new sibling
13. I love watching my parents and in-laws holding a new grandchild
14. I love when Avery says, for the 100th time in a day, Mommy, WATCH THIS!
15. I love when Avery says, Mommy, I like you.
16. I love how Lauren wants everything to be beautiful and organized.
17. I love playing in the yard with my kids.
18. I love jumping in leaves with my kids.
19. I love watching Lauren trying so hard to get the steps in dance class.
20. I love when Lauren hugs me after nailing a verse in Awana.
21. I love it that Lauren is confident and loving
22. I love that Lauren loves school and learning
23. I love reading books to children.
24. I love it when my kids ASK me to read to them.
25. I love hearing Avery sing her Jesus Loves Me/Twinkle Twinkle Little Star rendition
26. I love when Sully says, TOUCHDOWN!
27. I love when Sully hugs me and pats my back.
28. I love Sully in the morning – so loving and happy
29. I love Avery at bedtime – so loving and naughty!
30. I love Lauren after school – so full of her day
31. I love watching my kids rough house with their uncles
32. I love how Lauren loves clothes
33. I love how Avery loves shoes
34. I love how Sully loves wheels and motors!
35. I love smelling my kids after bath time.
36. I love watching my kids sleep
37. I love Mother’s Day
38. I love breakfast in bed – and when 3 kids get in bed with me to help me eat my breakfast in bed.
39. I love when all my kids nap on Sunday afternoons
40. I love weekends away with my kids daddy.
41. I love coming home after weekends away.
42. I love talking with my kids about Jesus.
43. I love talking to Jesus about my kids.
44. I love imagining with Jordan what our kids will be someday.
45. I love wondering what great exploits they will do for Christ.
46. I love how completely different my kids are
47. I love imagining how future kids will fit into this wild house!
48. I love sharing stories about our kids with my friends.
49. I love to blog about my kids.
50. I love how Lauren used to say, “di do”, for Thank you .
51. I love how Sully says thank you EXACTLY like Lauren used to.
52. I love going to the library with my kids.
53. I love telling my kids about their Papa Richard
54. I love it when we ask the kids, what we should pray for and Avery says, Pray for Papa Richard.
55. I love watching my kids with their GREAT grandparents.
56. I love birthday parties!
57. I love waking my kids up on their birthday and telling them about the day they were born.
58. I love it how Lauren always wants to know about when she was a baby.
59. I love how Avery wants to be big like Lauren
60. I love how it that Sullivan is so proud that he can walk.
61. I love it that God has answered prayers about my children.
62. I love being called mommy.
63. I love the name daddy
64. I love each of my kids laughs.
65. I love it when Sully tries to show off.
66. I love it when Avery moves furniture around so she can jump off it.
67. I love it that Avery was potty-trained in a snap.
68. I love it when Lauren asks if we can cuddle on the couch.
69. I love looking at pictures of my kids.
70. I love watching family home movies with my kids
71. I love reading bible stories
72. I love decorating for Christmas with my kids.
73. I love dropping my kids off at Sunday school
74. I love seeing my kids do something kind for one another
75. I love knowing that there are 3 people in this world who depend on me for just about everything.
76. I love baby clothes
77. I love the smell of baby lotion
78. I love the smell of a newborns soft head
79. I love being in the hospital after having a baby.
80. I love bringing a new baby home.
81. I love family pictures
82. I love it that Lauren loves Fall and loves Fall decorations
83. I love it how Lauren always notices the little things
84. I love Avery’s excitement and zest for life
85. I love Sully’s calm cool attitude
86. I love when Sully goes up and gives Lauren a hug.
87. I love it when Sully pulls Avery’s hair.
88. I love well baby check ups.
89. I love homemade birthday cards
90. I love when Lauren says, lets make something for my great grandmas today
91. I love it that Lauren cannot lie
92. I love it that Avery is mischevious
93. I love it that Sully is obsessed with being outside.
94. I love when Sully says, uh-oh
95. I love when Avery says, ‘actually’
96. I love baking with my girls
97. I love cold nights when we have to snuggle
98. I love singing with my kids
99. I love dancing with my kids.
100. I love that my girls know that fairy tales end, “happily ever after, BUT not without a lot of hard work.”

5 comments:

Andrea Dellit said...

AWESOME...how sweet...Those kids are blessed with just as great a mom and she is with great kids!

Shannon/Jodi said...

Bravo! That wasn't hard, was it? Shall we do this monthly?

Anonymous said...

Good idea! I keep thinking of ones that I should have included :)

Jennie Peakin said...

I took the challenge as well and it was not hard to find 100 reasons! :)

Anonymous said...

I love you Becky. I miss you all greatly, and I truly appreciate your blog. It has brightened my day on many occasions. I am very grateful for your sharing in this way.

Always,

Your brother Brian.