Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Four

The kids and I were running errands today and I looked in the rearview mirror and saw 4 kids. 4.
It kind of hit me that I actually have 4 children. Im responsible for them completely.

I know, you'd think I would have known I had 4 kids. But sometimes it hits me. Sometimes I feel like I should still be 21 years old at UNI with my friends. Now, fast forward 10 years and I'm responsible for the lives of 4 people. 4!

Its a little scary.

We have become that family that gets the look. You know the one, the one where people cringe when you walk into the house, restaurant, store, public area. We get a lot of, wow, you are busy, how do you do it? are you crazy? was this on purpose? you must be loony.

I've come to welcome that look. Because you know what? We did choose this. We felt led by God when we decided to have each of these children and they are the hugest blessings we will ever know. Are there days where we look at each other and say, What did we do? How did we get here? Yes. Are there nights I fall into bed with tears in my eyes because Im exhausted? Of course! But there are never days that I regret any moment with these children. I understand that God has choosen to bless us with a heritage that not everyone gets to have. As we grow older these children will continue to bring us joy and sorrow. God uses both to teach us what he needs to teach us. Along the way he commands that I teach them about him - what a wonderful task I have been given.

So yes, we might be a little crazy, we are definetly a little tired, but we are also deliriously happy with our quiver full. (delirious being a key there!)

We love you Lauren, Avery, Sullivan and Tess. With all our hearts. Thank you for letting us be your mommy and daddy.

3 comments:

Shannon/Jodi said...

I just realized you could be an official MOMYS-Mom of Many Young Siblings. It's an internet group I belong to. Check them out at MOMYS.net. It's a group of Christian ladies sharing parenting/homemaking tips for large families.

We know what you mean about "the looks".

Shannon/Jodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon/Jodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.