Thursday, July 31, 2008

What I needed to hear...

"Your other children WILL live. They will live through a few months, or even a year, of too much TV. They will survive even without any sense of a routine or quality interaction with their mother. They will still love you even after witnessing your moments of sheer insanity. They will even be able to go to college despite the absolute lack of any educational experiences during the first year of the new baby. So, don't stress out about it."

I read the above on the blog of another mom of a newborn (her 4th) who read it on another blog of a mom of a newborn (her 5th child).

Guilt is my biggest beef with having a newborn. I constantly feel like Im neglecting the needs of my other children. Having to say too often, "no, we cant, baby is napping. No we cant, baby is eating. Shhh! and stop doing that." I know it's ridiculous but as Courtney said, finding the balance is hard! I want to hold them all so tight and ensure they are being loved and happy but I only have 2 arms and for most of the day - the baby is taking up both of them!
I keep telling myself that my mom brought home 3 babies after me and I never once felt left out or abused!

Thanks Courtney!

No comments: