Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Family Update

Someone told me this weekend that I hadn't done an update on
all the members of the family in a long time...
So...you asked for it.

Torrance Reagan.
She is hysterical right now.
She recently learned SO BIG.

She can also clap. She is constantly babbling.
Always giggling.
Always getting into things...like my cupboards.
She enjoys eating toilet paper.
She has 5 going on 6 teeth.
She is weaning off the bottle.
This is how she crawls most of the time now.
She can stand without support...but doesn't really know it.

She loves being outside.
Loves the Cozy Coup.

She is a riot.
She loves me...my first mommy's girl.
She adores Lauren and lights up for Jordan.

Contessa Caroline.
Oh this child.
She tests me. She yells at me.

She storms off. Stomps, screams, throws tantrums.

But she is a snuggler. She is loving her alone time with me while the big kids are at school and Tori naps. She is obsessed with Rapunzel and dancing.

She dazzles people with her eyes.
She wants to go to preschool and play soccer.
She makes me cross between hysterical laughter and tongue biting frustrations several times per day.
I love her and I want her to stay 3.

Sullivan Joseph.
He is loving school but struggles getting up in the mornings.
He is rather obsessed with girls!
He had a playdate today with his good buddy.
They are very much alike and I think very good for each other.
And seriously cute and cheesy!

He loves to color and draw.
He loves to run outside and be LOUD!
He is sooooo loud!
He eats me out of house and home every day after school.
I cant imagine how people with multiple boys possibly feed them!

He is amazing and someday I am really going to miss his noise and that toothless grin.
I just know it!

Avery Elizabeth
She is full of bounce.
She is sugar and spice if there ever was one...
She loves school - mostly the social aspects.
But she does great with her school work and takes it serious.

She was so happy that soccer started.
I dont know that she understands a bit of it...but she loves to be around her friends.
She is learning a lot about friendship already this year in school.
Its giving us opportunities for some great conversations...I hope some of it is sinking in.
She is full of stories at the end of the day. And constant movement and action.
I love this girl.
She is me in a little package...poor thing.

She is blessed with wonderful friends.
I pray for all my kids friends present and future because I know the huge impact they will have on each others lives.
And these two...just adorable.

Lauren Elaine
She is my teen.
Well, technically she is my tween but she has always seemed older than she is.
She loves homework...so her father's daughter!
She does her homework IMMEDIATELY after school every day.

She is loving soccer and is so happy to be able to play this year!
She loves her friends and really seems to be friends with just about everyone.
She has a special group in her class...one big happy group.
How lucky is she for that? I hope it lasts.

In 2 months she is going to be a decade old.
A decade.
She talks to me non-stop after school while she does her homework.
Its a new thing for her...talking my ear off.
I love being home to listen.
She wants to be big...but stay little. Its a tough spot to be in.
She wants to spend time with us...but run and play Barbie's with Avery.
Its fun to watch.

She is without a doubt...THE World's Best Big Sister.
She truly enjoys her siblings.
She is selfless and giving with them.
She is fun and protective.
Everyone in this family is blessed by my Lauren.

Jordan Daniel.
I could say a lot about him.
He works too much but I love him for it.
He plays hard with us when he's home.
He is excitedly planning our vacation for next summer - a BIG kayaking adventure.
But you know what the best way to describe him is just to say that of all of
these people in this update...He is by far, my favorite.
And that is saying a heck of a lot.

Me!
I got in a bit of a funk towards the end of the summer.
I think I can finally admit that I was ready for school to start.
Not to have the kids gone exactly...but to have routine and to know what each day would look like. Going into fall I can say that I am feeling more like myself.
I love this weather.
I love homework and school supplies.
I love supper time conversations and early bedtimes.
My real estate business is going wonderfully. Im busier than I thought I would be. And I'm liking it even more than I thought I would!
I am blessed out of this world and the older I get the more I am realizing this.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

loved this post.

but...SORRY - rebekah is THE world's best big sister :-)

and, you are beautiful!!!

Choose Joy said...

Cute! If I could buy Cozy Coupes in bulk...I would! They are so much fun!