Monday, September 19, 2011

How deep the Father's love for us.

There are times when the depth, height and strength of God's love for me is more than I can take. Yesterday in church we had a wonderful message about how we boast...about how often even when we are being humble...we brag.

As the message wrapped up I was sitting there thinking...well that left me feeling like scum! (You know its been a good message then, right?!?)

Then we stood to sing the last song. And I was in tears realizing that even when I see myself as scum...He sees me as a great 'treasure'. And His love for me is something I will never understand.

How deep the Father's Love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure.

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon that cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that left Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished.

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

2 comments:

Choose Joy said...

Total Deprevation of Man...Gets me everytime too. Thanks for posting!

Unknown said...

I was showing Josh pictures of his cousin and I asked him, "Who's that?" And he said, "Sullivan play soccer." I'm not sure when he's ever heard us say Sullivan, but I thought it was pretty cute.