Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Against all hope

I lead a pretty simple, easy life. 
My biggest trials and questions are relatively little compared to most.
And yet, I struggle with really, really trusting that my Savior can and will do what He promises.

I 'found' this verse this morning and it stopped me in my tracks. 

Romans 4:18a
'Against all hope, Abraham, in hope, believed...'

I simply LOVE that. LOVE.

Abraham did not lead a simple, easy life. 
The things he was asked to do were hard, backwards in his human mind and caused pain. 

And yet, even thought it didn't make sense to him, even though his 
mind had to have been telling him to do the opposite...he believed. 

Today I am choosing to have the faith of Abraham. 

4 comments:

Courtney said...

thank you! i NEEDED to hear this from Him today!

D G Curren said...

I love that verse! Also love Hebrews 10:23 "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."

Thanks for the encouragement from His Word.

Leighann said...

I like this post. Thank you.

Jennie Peakin said...

Oh my...I needed to read this. Thank you, Becky!