Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Live for today!

My living room.

I worry about tomorrow, next week, and 'what might be' way too much. 
I'm kind of a master at it. 

Someone reminded me of this verse...and I'm going to plaster it to my brain. 
And I AM going to live for today.

Matthew 6:34
'Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough of its own trouble.'

And its kind of humuors to me. 
Like God, through Matthew is trying to say, 
'Hey! Becky! Focus on what's now, what's real, what's true! 
Tomorrow may or may not come...your worry may or not come true...but I AM HERE...I am constant...and one thing is for sure...if you worry about tomorrow...you will ruin today.
Get over yourself Becky, there are enough problems...dont make up ones that dont exist.'

I like it when God talks to me like that. 
He gets me. 

1 comment:

Shannon/Jodi said...

I miss your blog! I've been taking a break for WAY too long in the hopes of better time management. I've officially given up on that, so I'm back! I appreciate your insights. I pray for your family as you come to my mind.