Tuesday, January 03, 2012

torn

the kids went back to school today.
not sure where i am about that.
part of me wanted them to stay.
we had a lot of fun over break. a lot.
but part of me is so glad they went back. 
there was also a lot of fighting over break. a lot.
i swear the worst/hardest part of parenting is the FIGHTING!!!
and my house is in desperate need of attention.
(summer break occurs in the summer for VERY good reasons)
but i hate even the thought of being happy that they are gone. 
but im not going to pretend that part of me is not happy. 
5 kids is a lot. a lot. 
and they are all young. and physically exhausting.
im pretty sure i referred to them as 'parasites, feeding off of me' recently. 
nice. real nice becky.
then i think, soon they wont be this young.
soon ill give anything to have them this young again. 
so dont wish away this time becky...dont beg it to hurry up.
ugh. 
mothering is hard. 
so ill be back when i have something happy to say. 

6 comments:

Meghan said...

totally with you on this!

ps-parasite is a good word. lol

Andrea Dellit said...

it's ok. you are human. and i can totally relate. except mine don't go back to school :) an email coming your way soon. you should start an advice column.

Happilyoutnumbered said...

I get it all too well! I believe my exact words to Ben the other night was ... "THEY SUCK THE LIFE OUT OF ME!" UGH...I struggle with wanting fast-forwarding life to a more "manageable" stage to not wanting to wish this time away. It is hard...very, very hard!

Sarah Guild said...

I only have two and the FIGHTING. It drives to the brink of insanity. I do not wish fighting on anyone, but knowing it isn't just mine is a bit comforting.

Leighann said...

ohmygosh! relate to this totally. the other day Ainsley went to school in the morning (instead of just afternoon) so both girls were on the bus at 8:45. I almost cried coming back into the house thinking, "this is what it will be like next year" then i accomplished a lot that morning. by afternoon i was saying THIS IS WHAT IT WILL BE LIKE NEXT YEAR!!! But you are right I will one day wish she was sitting on my knee while i'm doing the bills. :)

Courtney said...

i get it, too!