Thursday, February 15, 2007

Dr.'s Appointments

If I could build a house anywhere I wouldnt choose the beach or the mountains. I would choose a spot smack between our pediatrician's office and Walmart. Those two places are like second homes to me.

Anyway, I had Sully's one year well child appt. today. I cant seem to locate the little card with all his stats but he weighs between 21 and 22 pounds - 50th% (seems like way more to me...he is heavy!)
And he is just over 31 inches tall - over 75th%
Whatever his head measured at is completely off the charts - my kids have mongo heads.
We found out that he has a nasty ear infection. Both ears actually. Im so frustrated with this. Sully had RSV when he was 2 weeks old but really has not been sick since. He has never been on an antibiotic except for the ear infection he had along with RSV at that time. Now I find out that he has this terrible ear infection. He showed no signs of being sick or hurting.
How am I supposed to know he is sick then?!?!?!
The dr. said that was his concern too. That he may have ear infections like Lauren and we'll never know and they could cause loss of hearing like Lauren. ugh. So, I guess we have to keep an eye on that. Because of the infection we will go back next week for Sully's immunizations. (another trip!)
I told the Dr. that Sully just started to pull himself to a standing position in the last month. And he isnt very good at it. Sometimes it really seems to hurt him...he cries while doing it. Dr. said that his hips and legs look completely normal, he is just doing the standing bit somewhat late. But we are going to go back in one month and if he isnt improving there we might look into some physical therapy for stregthening purposes.
Ugh again.

But over all Sully looks great and he is so stinking happy all the time, I have no complaints.

I love to compare how they grow...at one:
Lauren weighed just over 24 pounds and was 31 inches long - I am so shocked that she was bigger than he is. He seems so big to me.
(I cant find Avery's book right now either. ugh again!) :)

5 comments:

jody said...

the cutest kids have big heads. :-)

will be praying they can find some answers for Sully and his little ears and legs.

and yes, I think the pediatrician should just live in my basement...

Jennie Peakin said...

Okay, Tate's head is off the charts too. AND, he was 27 inches long 2 weeks ago! He's only 4 inches shorter than Sully and he's only 4 months! I agree with Jody that the cutest kids have big heads! :)

Suggestion:
My brother and his wife bought a thing that the doctors use to look into babies ears to see if they have an ear infection. I can't remember what those darn things are called, but anyway, they said that is was only like $10. They have the same problem with Bode that he doesn't show signs of an ear infection and they get really bad. Now they just check every once in a while to see if it looks like he has one. Apparently it's really easy to tell...it looks red and inflamed if they do and kind of grayish if they don't. Maybe you should invest in one of those.

Okay, end of novel!

Beckysblog said...

Oh man, PLEASE ask them where they got it. I would love to have one.

Jordan says my family all has huge melon heads, and we do I guess, but seriously, Sullivan's head was so far off the chart that it wasnt on the page! How is that possible if it looks to be in propotion to the rest of his body!

My friend Melanie has a baby almost exactly Tate's age and he is super long too. I bet he and Tate would be close...check out her blog...mnkirkpatrick.wordpress.com

Thanks for the encouragement that he can still be cute with a pumpkin head! :)

Eric and Pam said...

Otoscope. You can google it and get pricing. Sometimes on ebay too. We had a PA in the family that just checked for us a ton but we considered getting one when we moved...

Hope things work out! :)

Jennie Peakin said...

I think that they got it at like Walgreens or Wal-Mart or something. They didn't go anywhere odd. I'll ask for sure though.