Sunday, March 22, 2009

Growing up

I believe in keeping my kids in cribs for as long as humanly possible. I do this for two reasons...one is the obvious, they are easier to contain! The other reason is that they still seem to be my little babies when I put them to bed in a crib. We have two cribs so I never see a reason to move a toddler out of a crib anywhere near their 2nd birthday. I like the third birthday better! 

And so, Sullivan made the transition tonight. He is upstairs in his car bed right now. I really just about cried when I tucked him in and walked out of the room. When did he get so big? 
When did he go from my baby to my big boy? 

Lately he seems to be growing up before our eyes. He is obsessed with finding out how things work. We get constant questions, "mommy, how does this work? Daddy how do we build a house? How do they build a car?" 
No more little boy questions...but big boy questions. And he isn't satisfied with my uneducated answers on these questions. Tonight Jordan had to look up car manufacturing videos on the internet to satisfy the latest questions on how cars our built. (Maybe he'll be an engineer or something!?)

Anyway, I'm sad tonight that my boy is upstairs no longer sleeping in a crib. Just another step in growing up that mommy was completely not prepared for...will that ever stop? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

trust me. with boys, it never ends...even if they are 45!!!