Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday

Our sermon this past Sunday was on prayer. Specifically how we pray. Do we pray with a full trust that our Heavenly Father CAN and WILL answer those prayers? Or do we mutter up our prayers and then run around trying to make things go the way we want ‘just in case’ He doesn’t come through this time?

I am guilty of that on many occasions. I pray for things and then I worry. Or I try to change the outcomes of things by my actions…never waiting to hear what God has to say on the matter.

God must think, “You just prayed for that 2 hours ago, and what are you doing now? Your actions are showing me that you have no faith in my ability to provide for you.”

Pastor was using Ephesians 3 as his text. He actually preached on verses 14-21 but the part that hit home with me was verse 19. “Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us”

Exceeding abundantly…not just abundantly, and not just exceedingly above what I ask, but exceeding abundantly! Dont you just love those words...

I am also guilty of reading the bible and questioning the disciples. Wondering, “How can you be so blind? Do you have no faith? You are walking with the Savior of the world, you’ve witnessed his miracles and listened to His teachings…and yet you doubt that He can solve whatever the current problem before you may be?”

But when I look at my life, I see. Hasn’t God performed miracles in my life? Yes, He has, on a number of times He has answered prayers that seemed impossible. I’ve seen Him save my mother from a heart attack and surgery that the doctors told us was hopeless, I’ve seen relationships healed that I had counted as losses, I’ve seen terrible circumstances turned around for good. And yet, I doubt, I question, I wonder, I worry. I view my life with a worldly outlook instead of a heavenly perspective.

When He said. “oh ye of little faith…”(Matt 6:30, 8:26, 14:31, 16:8…) He was surely talking to me.

But, thankfully, He gives me this promise in Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

He's not done with me. And He promises me the strength to get up and start again each and every morning. Each and every minute somedays!

1 comment:

Trina said...

Well said. I think we all have these feelings, but you have a good way of putting them in words.