Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I'm following Jody's "Thankful Thursday" idea...

Today I am most thankful for my mom.  She was a great mom to us growing up. She let us have fun but had rules and we had responsibility too. She let 6 boys be rowdy boys and some how brought me up as a girl in the midst of it. She had us ALL on her own a lot as my dad traveled a lot due to his work. She was REALLY good at dropping her own plans and sitting down to play with us and spend time with us. She lived for us. 

She made it clear at all times that her strength always came from above. We saw her pray, and study His word. We knew without a doubt that her faith was real. 

Early on I adopted her life verse as my own, Psalm 46:10, "Be still and know that I am God..."
She did that like no one else I've ever known. She had the patience to wait on Him and not worry. The courage to give Him her worries and truly let them go. Something I wish I had. 

Today she continues to teach us and show her faith. She helps me on a daily basis...Im not sure I could have become a mother 4 times if it weren't for knowing she was there to help me! 

One of my biggest blessings is that my children call her "Mamaw." I know she is teaching and modeling to them the same lessons she taught to me and my brothers. 

Thank you mom...so thankful for you tonight. 

No comments: