Friday, March 06, 2009

My girl

Lauren had this outfit all picked out in her mind last night but parts of it were not clean. She came to me and asked me if I could please wash it. She asked at about 8:45. It meant I needed to do at least 2 more loads of laundry.
I didn't hesitate to do it for her. She asks for nothing from us. Seriously, she is the easiest child and I like to be able to do things that make her feel special. After she got dressed this morning she was very proud of her outfit and she hugged me and said, 'Mommy, thank you for working on the laundry for me last night so I could wear this, I love you."

She's 7.

I wonder if she knows how special she is to me? I need to make sure she does, and if doing laundry till 11 at night does that for her, then I'll definitely do it!


3 comments:

Courtney said...

that is so precious. good for you for doing the laundry!!!

Melanie said...

Very cute outfit!!

Andrea Dellit said...

how sweet :) i can't wait to see you guys more!