Wednesday, March 18, 2009

a look back

Jordan has been organizing our home videos lately and so we've been having fun watching bits and pieces as he does it. Last night we were watching a lot from when Sully was a baby and a toddler.
Jordan commented, 'Wow, we really had a lot to worry about with him...and now look at him!"

There were some days when I was so consumed with the worry that his little legs would not walk and that he had something seriously wrong. It was a bad time.

Looking back on it is such an encouragement. God was with us through every step. Asking us to hold on and simply trust. Simply trusting however is never easy to do.
This verse always stuck out to me during that time and I've been pondering it a lot this week, Hebrews 12:2 says, “Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”

We learned so much from Sullivan and now when we look at him we truly see a miracle. When I see Sully run to me, tackle his dad and jump in the yard I still get teary at times. And I am always thankful. Thankful for my Savior who performs miracles, both big and small.

Here's part of the story through my blog incase you want a recap!
One
Two
Three
Four

2 comments:

Courtney said...

good job for REMEMBERING. that's something that God says often in the Bible..REMEMBER what I've done for you...don't FORGET!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I had no idea about the road you traveled to have your little guy walk. I knew he was a later walker and needed a little bit of coaxing, but what a great story of God's faithfulness! Thanks for sharing.