Wednesday, August 17, 2011

4th Grader

Oh Lauren.
Always the lover of school and anything with structure and routine.
She's had her outfit picked out for weeks.
She JUMPED out of bed this morning.
By far the most excited about this day.

We walked towards her room and I could see her eyeing my ginormous camera.
I said you're going to let me take your picture like I did the others in their classrooms right?
She hesitated.
I said please.
She said, 'Fine, but not next year.'
ugh.
4th grade is old.
I REMEMBER 4th grade! Lots about it in fact.

She only gave me one shot at this and it was blurry...but it will have to do.
Oh girl...stop. Please just stop maturing.

Lauren's 'funny' story for the day is this.
Today was not just the first day of school it was the first day she and Avery got to wear earrings other than the posts that you get when you first are pierced.
They have been anticipating this even more than the 1st day.

So I go to take Lauren's out this morning and it was really on there good.
She said, 'Uh, I feel weird.'
Next thing we both know...she is on her back laying on the floor blinking.
I had caught her thank goodness...but she seriously BLACKED OUT!

She recovered quickly and we finished the job.
A career in the medical field is not in Lauren's future!

No comments: