Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The day is here!

And there goes my heart...just walking around outside my body.
Lauren, Avery & Sullivan,

Sending you out is never going to be easy.
Not in a million years.

I pray for this day all summer. I stew about it and I fret. I get sad and I get excited. I dread it and I long for it. I love schedules and learning. I love books and pencils. I love homework and early bedtimes. I love beginning of the day excitement and end of the day stories and hugs.

I have much anxiety about you leaving.
But I will send you out with great faith that Jesus is with you even when I am not.

I ask Him to keep you safe, to help you learn, to help you be kind and compassionate, respectful and fun loving. I ask Him to help you to not be scared, worried or sad.

I pray that you feel His hand on the smalls of your backs when
mine is at home wishing it were there.

I pray with faith that is spoken of here:
I John 5:15
'And if we know that he hears us, whatsoever we ask,
we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.'

He is there even when I am not.

And remember...just look to your right or your left...likely you will find a sibling and the great thing about siblings is...no matter how much you might annoy each other at home...out in the 'world' there is no one who will have your back more fiercely.

All my love my little arrows...
(Psalm 127:3-5)

Now go knock em' dead!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

teared up a little there. not possible. sniffle. stop growing.

mama barb said...

OH, how much they brighten my life...so true, grands are a reward!!!

mama barb

Courtney said...

totally crying. oh, your heart. i am a week away from it...but i will be feeling these EXACT same things! hard...excited...sad...wow.