Sunday, August 21, 2011

Celebrate

Today my dad would have been 65.

I have lots of thoughts in my head about what this day would have been like if he were here.
About how we would have celebrated him.

What kind of party would we have had? My dad loved birthdays...especially his kids' and his own!

Would we have thrown a surprise party with all our family and friends? My dad loved nothing more than being surrounded by his family and friends.

Would he have gloated that he just gets better with every year? He loved to gloat. Modesty was not one of his strong points.

One thing I know is he would have been beaming all day. I would have hugged him like 65 times and we all would have remembered this day for years to come.

Happy Birthday Daddy.
I'll never be too old to stop missing my daddy.

We wish you were here to celebrate.

I hate how much I miss you...but I love knowing I'll see you again.
We are roasting some marshmallows in your honor tonight.
I'll try to make them 'perfect' just like you tried to teach me.

1 comment:

mama barb said...

Thank you dear heart for having some of my heart thoughts exactly...it was a great weekend , but with him he would have demanded not only one week of honer to him but at least two...How I miss this man and still love...

thank you child
mama barb